Zan Thrashzan@zanthrash.com (612) 380-1662
Principal Fullstack Engineer
Provided technical leadership and oversight to high performance team, tasked to create the custom reporting and visualization UI for Targets next generation Supply Chain software.
- Technical leader across multiple front-end teams.
- Responsible for setting the technical direction, tech stack, and tooling.
- Worked in close partnership with Team Leads to establish patterns and practices that can scale across multiple teams.
- Technical mentor to multiple team members at various stages in their careers.
- Worked in concert with business partners to deliver measurable business value in a timely manor.
Sr. Software Engineer
Full Stack Engineer for the Netflix Delivery Engineering Tools team. Developing Spinnaker, the next generation multi-cloud Continuous Delivery platform for Netflix and the OSS community.
- Developed Web based UI to allow internal teams to continually deliver software across multiple AWS regions and and accounts with minimal effort on the end users part.
- Built out multiple backend micro-services to provide integration points for Spinnaker to many of Netflix's internal services.",
- Collaborate closely with internal customers on a daily basis to make their jobs easier and provide them with the tools to deliver code faster.
- Worked closely with external teams(Google, Microsoft, Pivotal) to help get Spinnaker working with their cloud offerings.
- Built multiple command line tools in Go to assist in troubleshooting production issues in a micro-services architecture.
- Open Sourced Spinnaker in November 2015 ( http://spinnaker.io ).
Virtuwell.com (via Object Partners, Inc)
Led development team in getting new products to market while helping existing products scale as the product rolls out across the United States.
- After helping build out he initial product, I was brought back to help make the suite of applications production worthy and scalable.
- Worked closely with in-house development team to help bring the stakeholder's vision and desires to reality in a timely manor and on budget.
- Converted client's administrative application form a Grails/GSP to a AngularJS frontend and Grails based RESTful backend system.
BuyerCurious.com (via Object Partners)
Led a small development team to bring to market the product owner's vision to change the way Buyers and Sellers interacted with each other during the home buying process.
- Responsible for full lifecycle of the product development, from application architecture, database design, developer testing, coding and deployment.
Object Partners, Inc.
Sr. Principal Consultant
Principal Consultant with a focus in Grails/Spring/AngularJS. Focused primarily in helping Twin Cites based startups in getting ideas to market.
- Helped establish and grow Grails business in a well established JEE / Spring consultancy shop.
- Co-authored Grails training course for internal and external use. Led multiple training sessions
- Established Annual Companywide Hackathon
- Speaker at Gr8Conf US / MidwestJS / GroovyMN / AngularMN
Virtuwell.com (via Object Partners, Inc)
Led development team in getting this HealthPartners backed tele-medicine startup to market.
- Led development effort for the backend services that allowed the nurse practitioner to review a patients symptoms and treat the case accordingly.
- Integrated with external services that provided patient billing and insurance submission.
- Utilized patterns and practices to adhere to strick PCI and PCH requirements.
Person Vue (Consultant)
Sr. Java Developer
Internationalized (i18n) entire Pearson Vue core codebase
- Worked on a small team to internationalize entire code base to get ready for large Arabic language driver testing contract.
- Used Groovy to script out the string extraction and property replacement.
Independent Grails developer for a small Grails consultancy with a focus on helping local startups get their ideas to market.
- Worked on multiple project for external clients as well as for internal projects.
- Projects included LeanTo(leanto.com), CloudProfile.com(re-branded to ReachLocal.com), Empathic Clinical Suite(empathic.com).
University of Minnesota
Senior Java Developer
Backend developer for the Universities Office of Enterprise Application Development. Responsible for maintenance and development of all custom software that is utilized across all 4 of the University of Minnesota school systems.
- Primarily worked on the Universities Grad Planner application, which provided a platform for undergrad students to plan their course schedules in a more collaborative manor in hopes to increase 4 year graduation rate.
Carlson Wagonlit Travel
Worked on various backend systems that supported the customer facing online travel booking system, as well as customer support tooling and reporting.
Bachelors of Science, Economics
University Saint Thomas
Masters of Science, Software Engineering