Target2017-07-01 — present
Principal Full Stack Engineer for Target Supply Chain. Developing the control plane for insight and analytics for Targets next generation supply chain management systems.
Netflix2014-11-03 — 2017-04-01
Full Stack Engineer for the Netflix Delivery Engineering Tools team. Developing Spinnaker, the next generation multi-cloud Continuous Delivery platform for Netflix and the OSS community.
- Developed Web based UI to allow internal teams to continually deliver software accross mulitlpe AWS regions and and accounts with minimal effort on the end users part.
- Built out multiple backend microservices to provide integration points for Spinnaker to many of Netflix's internal services.
- Collaborate closely with internal customers on a daily basis to make their jobs easier and provide them with the tools to deliver code faster.
- Work closely with external teams(Google, Microsoft, Pivital) to help them get Spinnaker working with their cloud offerings.
- Built multiple command line tools in Go to assist in troubleshooting production issues in a microservices architecture.
- Open Sourced Spinnaker in November 2015 ( http://spinnaker.io ).
Object Partners2009-09-01 — 2014-11-01
Principal Consultant with a focus in Grails/Spring/AngularJS
- Helped establish and grow Grails business in a well established JEE / Spring consultancy.
- Co-authored Grails training course
- Established Annual Hackathon
- Speaker: Gr8Conf US / MidwestJS / GroovyMN / AngularMN
Virtuwell.com (Object Partners)2011-09-01 — 2014-10-15
Led development team in getting new products to market while helping existing products scale as the product rolls out accross the United States.
- After helping build out he initial product, I was brought back to help make the suite of applications production worthy and scalable.
- Worked closely with in-house development team to help bring the stakeholder's vision and desires to reality in a timely manor and on budget.
- Converted client's admistrative application form a Grails/GSP to a AngularJS frontend and Grails based RESTful backend system.
BuyerCurious.com (Object Partners)2010-10-01 — 2011-09-01
Led a small development team to bring to market the product owner's vision to change the way Buyers and Sellers interacted with each other during the home buying process.
- Responsible for full lifecycle of the development, from application architecture, database design, developer testing, and coding
- Built with: Grails, MySql, ActiveMQ, AWS
Virtuwell.com (Object Partners)2009-04-01 — 2010-10-01
Led development team in getting the initial product to market.
- Led developemet effort for the backend Provider app. This application allows the nurse practitioner to review a patients case and appropriately treat the case.
- The application also handles patient billing, insurance submittion, and adhears to PCI and PCH compliance.
- Built with: Grails, MSSQL, ActiveMQ, AWS.
Pearson Vue (Independant)2008-10-01 — 2009-04-01
Internationalized entire Pearson Vue code base
- Worked on a small team to internationalze entire code base to get ready for large Arabic language driver testing contract.
- Used Groovy to script out the string extraction and property replacent.
Refactr (Independant)2009-04-01 — 2008-02-01
Independant Grails developer for a small Grails consultancy.
- Worked on multiple project for external clinets as well as for internal projects.
- Projects insculed: LeanTo(leanto.com), CloudProfile.com(rebranded to ReachLocal.com), Empathic Clinical Suite(empathic.com).
University of Minnesota2006-04-01 — 2009-03-01
Responsible for the maintenance and development of all applications that are used accross all campases by faculity, students and staff.
University of St. Thomas2003-09-01 — 2006-06-01
University of Minnesota2003-09-01 — 2006-06-01
- emotion (CSS-in-JS)
- AngularJS(1.x & 2)
- RESTful API design
- Spring Boot
- OS X
- VS Code